Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Month, New Job, and a New TV!

This has been a good week for us! Sunday was my first day of work with my new job, and it had a bit of a rough start, but by the time I was done, I had completely fallen in love with the residents in my care! I'm getting about 30 hours a week, and since the majority of those hours are sleep nights, I get paid for sleeping! With my schedule the way it is, I still have my weekdays to be home and spend time with friends, which was something I was worried about losing. I'm also still working in the Oak Hills kitchen, so I'm busy busy!

Yesterday we went out and bought the new TV we've been talking about getting since we've been married. It's big and beautiful and a little sad how happy it makes me!

Mom came up for a visit on Monday afternoon. We went out to lunch, then bummed around town. We found a fun new store in Bemidji, and just had a good day talking and hanging out. Dad ended up having to work, so he wasn't able to come, which was a bummer. But Mom and I had a good day together.

Sunday I'm venturing to Fargo for the day. Katie and I are having lunch and doing some shopping, and working on more plans for Mom and Dad's 25th anniversary party. I also have to send our wedding rings off, so Justin's can be recoated and my rings can finally be sautered (sp?) together. I'm looking forward to getting to Fargo, I've always enjoyed going there, and having Katie to hang out with is a good excuse to go!

The one downside to my new job is that, combined with my kitchen job, I won't have a weekend off until after graduation! So it will be hard for me to get home for anything for awhile, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I can't stay away from home that long!

Thanks for reading,
Michelle

No comments: