Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Waiting and waiting...

Our beautiful little one has yet to join the world... Everyone else due around the same time has their babies, and we're still waiting to meet ours! It is good to know that it really won't be long - even though every day we don't get to meet Baby D seems to drag on, it's truly a matter of days!

The signs seem to point to sooner rather than later - at my 38 week appointment last Wednesday, I was 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Baby's movements have slowed down quite a bit, my Braxton Hicks contractions have settled down, Baby's dropped massively. So here's hoping we get to meet this little person this week! I see my doctor again tomorrow, as long as Baby hasn't arrived yet.

This week is officially my last week of work before starting maternity leave, and I'm definitely ready to be home and just be with my baby and husband. I'm not ready to be broke for 2 months, however! But we'll make do. My federal student loans are in deferment, so that's a huge burden lifted for us. And the rest will fall into place.

Come on out, Baby D!

Michelle

No comments: