Thursday, October 21, 2010

4 weeks!!

Holy crow, my due date is in 4 WEEKS!! And baby really could come any time now! Yay!!

I saw my doctor yesterday and he did say that there is a less than 1% chance I will deliver over the weekend. I've been having lots of false labor and/or Braxton Hicks, but I still think it's gonna be another couple of weeks. I don't know about 4, but 2 would be just fine with me!

Mom and Katie are coming up tomorrow to spend the weekend with me, cooking and cleaning and finishing getting ready for baby! I have a whole list of things for them to do! :) I am sooo excited for them to come! Justin will be gone all weekend, so it will just be us girls. I'm hoping in addition to the cleaning and cooking, we'll get some shopping in as well.

We're really pretty set for baby at this point, still a few necessities to pick up, but the car seat is installed, I have my bag packed for the hospital, we have the nursery pretty much done, just a couple little things to finish. So my panic of a month ago and having nothing done has subsided immensely and I'm feeling good about it all!

In still other news, my job has once again changed, and I have accepted a different position with Lighthouse. Instead of going back as House Coordinator, I will be the new Administrative Assistant/the boss-man's right hand man. The pay is the same as what I was offered with the other position, but the hours are primarily day-time office hours. Granted, I'm still working in a field that always requires flexibility and the potential for having to cover an evening or weekend shift, which is fine. As excited as I was about the House Coordinator position, I'm 1000% more excited for this position! I think it's going to be a really great move for me career-wise, and it will be much better for our family as well. And everyone I work with at the office is super excited to have me in that position, which makes me even more excited for it! So I will be going back to work on January 5, the day after Justin's family flies out.

So, other than the nearly constant heartburn ( I swear, I've got a mini Sasquatch growing inside me! ), all is well in the Distel world! :)

Michelle

No comments: