Saturday, October 2, 2010

Change is in the air...

First things first: 33 weeks! And it's October now... meaning this baby is coming NEXT MONTH!!!! That is the scariest, wildest, most exciting thought in the entire universe right now! :)

On to other, non-baby things... I've officially accepted a new position at LHL to start after maternity leave. I will be the House Coordinator, which is an administrative (and salaried!) full-time position. My main duty will be training new staff in all 5 homes. I will also have various administrative tasks, including reviewing and writing resident Risk Management Plans, writing resident annual, semi-annual, and quarterly reviews, updating and printing monthly forms for resident books, participating in office audits, completing house checks, coordinating vehicles, and attending training seminars with the other administrative staff. The hours vary, mostly nights and weekends for training, as well as being on-call 1 weekend a month. The salary will be a really significant raised, and includes vacation time. Needless to say, I'm VERY excited! Not only is this going to be a huge blessing for us financially, but it's a great opportunity for me to learn even more about the field. It will look great on my resume how I've steadily advanced in the company since hire, from part-time direct care staff to full-time house manager to house coordinator. My boss approached me a couple weeks ago to offer me the position, and once we thought and prayed about it and found out the pay and that they don't have a time commitment expectation, it seemed pretty obvious what I needed to do! The irony of it is that dI've been saying for awhile that when we move, I want to look for a job comparable to this one! We know for sure that we will be here at least until next August, with potential to stay longer. There will be alot of factors going into that decision, and we're not at a place where we need to make it yet, so we're not.

And back to baby... Baby D's antics have started to contort my belly into the oddest shapes! It's a blast to watch, as long as I'm not getting any jabs. We've decided it's getting close to time to get the carseat installed. Nursery has made progress as well. We bought the crib mattress today, so I was finally able to get the bedding on that I've been in love with for months! Curtains are next on my list. My Oakie friends are having a baby shower for me in a couple weeks, so that will be fun! I think that's the only shower before Baby comes. Katie and the aunties are having a big one right before Christmas, and I think LHL is doing one after Baby as well. I'm hoping to get registered for a childbirth class soon too. The only way we can do it with our schedules is to do an online one, but I'm fine with that, because I really don't want to be in a room full of massively pregnant women who are forced to get down onto the floor, and then back up again! It's just asking for trouble, if you ask me! :) My cravings continue to include sugar, and Funyans have been added to the list, as well as Subway. I don't count my daily intake of chocolate as a craving, since I'm genetically predisposed to need a certain quantity of chocolate per day. Someone once told me what kind of supplement to take that would curb my chocolate cravings a few months ago; apparently a chocolate craving in pregnancy indicates a low level of magnesium, and if you take a magnesium supplement, the cravings go away. I thanked her for the information, and proceeded to explain that it's actually a genetic thing for me, not likely indicative of my magnesium levels, and I had no desire to get rid of my chocolate craving! I was amused, to say the least! Justin once had the nerve this summer to try and take a piece of chocolate out of my hand. Doesn't he know who he married?! Never, EVER take a piece of chocolate from a pregnant Koep girl. Very bad idea. VERY bad idea! He learned this and hasn't tried again.

Michelle

No comments: